Cypress Dental Excellence in Cypress can help you look and feel better with dental crowns.
Dental crowns can help you get back your smile and relieve pain caused by tooth decay. After prolonged wear and tear and temporary repairs on your teeth, dental crowns are a long-term solution to restore your teeth. At Cypress Dental Excellence, when it comes to your care, our dentists provide the quality care and compassion you deserve at a price you can afford. That’s why we’re rated so highly in the Cypress area.
What are dental crowns?
Dental crowns are custom caps that bond to the top of your existing teeth. They can be made from many materials, including:
- Porcelain and ceramic crowns: These two options look the most like natural teeth but may not last as long as other types of crowns.
- Metal alloy: Long-lasting and durable, these crowns are made of gold and other metallic compounds, such as silver, platinum, copper, or tin.
- Porcelain-metal fusion: Stronger than standard porcelain crowns, this option offers you both longevity and a natural appearance.
- Resin: Composite resin crowns were designed to be affordable, with the look of natural teeth. They require proper care to extend their life.
- BruxZir™: Made from high-quality Japanese zirconia, this option gives you natural shading for a realistic appearance.
Why do I need a crown?
Dental crowns can be used for several purposes, including:
- Protecting and restoring the look and function of your teeth after years of use
- Closing gaps in your smile
- Holding dental bridges in place
- Preventing mouth nerve damage
- Replacing worn fillings and crowns
- Covering chipped or broken teeth
- Improving mouth feel and function
What happens when I get a crown?
With a few steps, a crown can address many dental issues that may be bothering you. Getting a crown starts with taking an impression and sending it to a lab where your personalized crown will be created. While you are waiting, a temporary cap will be placed over the injured tooth. Once your new crown arrives it’ll replace the cap.
After your crown is placed, it only requires standard dental care. With proper maintenance and being mindful of behaviors like teeth grinding and jaw clenching, you can expect your crown to last for approximately a decade.
Get the relief you need and the smile you want.
If your smile and mouth function have worn down over time, dental can improve your outlook and your appearance. To see if a crown is right for you, and to learn about other options, call Cypress’s Cypress Dental Excellence at 281-225-9906 today.
Ceramic crowns are composed of materials that are not only extremely strong and durable but aesthetically pleasing as well. The advantage of a ceramic crown is that the crown not only functions like a real tooth but has a natural appearance as well.
Dental crown lengthening is a type of oral surgery that is performed for a variety of dental health problems, including restorative and cosmetic procedures. The surgery involves removing or recontouring gum tissue and sometimes bone with a dental laser to expose more of the tooth’s structure so that it can be treated. The dental laser is extremely accurate and effective, resulting in minimal pain, reduced healing time, and greater chances for successful treatment of the affected area.
A dental crown is a restoration that replaces the top part of the tooth. A single tooth that needs to be completely replaced can be restored utilizing an implant-supported crown. The crown is typically made of porcelain, giving the restoration a natural look.
If you suffer a cracked or broken tooth, your provider is likely to recommend a crown, a custom-fitted cap, to cover it and restore the tooth's shape, strength and appearance. Traditional crowns, when cemented into place, fully encase the entire visible portion of a tooth that lies at and above the gum line.